**Not Hosted by PMHCA, Please Contact PJ Simonson at 602.636.4518 or firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions and inquiries.**
Hello, everyone! Want to be a Peer Specialist? Need to train your new hires?
It’s happening! MHA’s Chambersburg office is hosting the 2 week CPS training course facilitated by RI in September! Application for the course is attached! This course is IN PERSON and social distancing can be achieved due to the large open space available at MHA. APPLICATION IS ATTACHED
Date & Time: Training is September 14-25, 2020 - 8:30am-5:00pm Lunch is on your own unless otherwise specified.
Location: Mental Health Association - 478 Grant Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201
Registration/Tuition: Tuition is $1295.00 per participant. Fee covers 10 days of training and all class materials.
Contact: PJ Simonson 602.636.4518 or email@example.com
PA CPS Training Qualifications:
1) 18 years old or older.
2) Received or is receiving mental health services for serious mental illness.
3) Having a GED or High School Diploma.
4) The completion of at least 12 months of employment or volunteer activities within the past three (3) years or have earned 24 credit hours.
Certified Peer Specialist Training Completion Requirements:
- Must earn a final grade of 80% or higher based on test scores, participation grade, and attendance.
- Must achieve consistent attendance - missing no more than 8 hours of training.
- Must not miss the following mandatory days of training: 1.) 1st day of training, 2.) 1st Friday of training (story day), 3.) 2nd Monday of training (Ethics and Boundaries) 4.) last day of training (Final exam and graduation).