WRAP Seminar i TRAINING
Alongside the advocacy work we do, PMHCA has a selection of trainings that are outstanding. There are trainings for mental health professionals, peer professionals, and anyone who wants to learn more about mental health and recovery. We pride ourselves in the creation of a learning environment that is safe, comfortable, and effective. For most trainings offered, there is an in person, virtual, or hybrid ability. If you have questions about listed trainings or are interested in scheduling, please email email@example.com.
WRAP Seminar 1 (Wellness Recovery Action Planning)
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan or WRAP is a self-designed prevention and wellness tool that you can use to get well and stay well. WRAP is for anyone, most age groups, any time, and for any of life’s challenges. WRAP is listed in the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices. Certification is provided.
Time: may vary
January 17th, 2024 thru January 19th, 2024 there will be a FREE WRAP Seminar 1 training that will be held at the PMHCA Office, 2551 Walnut Street, in Harrisburg from 9 am to 4:30 pm. The course is free; however, lodging, transportation, and meals will be at participants expense.
The 5 Key Principles of WRAP
1. Hope: people who experience mental health difficulties get well, stay well and go on to meet their life dreams and goals.
2. Personal responsibility: it’s up to you, with the assistance of others, to take action and do what needs to be done to keep yourself well.
3. Education: learning all you can about what you are experiencing so you can make good decisions about all aspects of your life.
4. Self advocacy: effectively reaching out to others so that you can get what it is that you need, want and deserve to support your wellness and recovery.
5. Support: while working toward your wellness is up to you, receiving support from others, and giving support to others, will help you feel better and enhance the quality of your life.